Many of us have lost their phones or sim card or computers have crashed, or deleted files by accident or even been hacked and data stolen. In fact, one of our employee’s PC hard drives failed completely last week but we were back up and running in a few hours.
As a firm we already back up all our online data every night as well as having a mirror server to ensure continuity of services if one server ‘goes down’. In addition, every PC and laptop has its own cloud drives and even separate portable drives to back up all our data at close of business everyday. No portable drives are stored in our offices overnight.
Do you regularly back up phone, tablet, pc, laptop? Do you think online viruses and hacking is ever going to be stopped? Do you really want to risk losing your data, email, banking apps, photographs, videos, music and more?
Smartphones and Tablets
- Apple iTunes iCloud is 5gb free, 50 GB: £12 pa, 200 GB: £36 pa and 2 TB: £86 pa.
- Android Google Drive back up is 15gb free, 100gb £16 pa, 200gb £25 pa and 2TB £80 pa.
PCs and Laptops
- Back up to the cloud – example pricing
- As above, Apple iTunes iCloud 5gb free, 50 GB: £12 pa, 200 GB: £36 pa and 2 TB: £86 pa
- As above, Google Drive 15gb free, 100gb £16 pa, 200gb £25 pa and 2TB £80 pa
- BT Cloud Drive depending on your broadband package, you'll get 10GB, 200GB or 1TB for free.
- Norton 360 Internet Security 10gb or 50gb part of standard or deluxe package.
- Drop Box – standard package £144 pa for 5TB.
- Back up to a Physical Drive
- You can back up all your files, photographs, videos etc to a portable drive with free automated syncing software available or physically copy folders and files across yourself.
- Create a recovery drive so that your operating system (Windows 10/11) when working correctly, to enable you to reboot if your system becomes corrupted and you can reset your PC back to when it was healthy.
- Buy a back up drive for say £20 - £50 depending on the size you need and use free syncing software, or you may end up paying up to £200 for a computer engineer to recover data off corrupted drives and then reinstall to a new drive that’s if they can recover your data.
Do you really want to risk losing your email, banking apps, photographs, videos, music and more for the sake of a few £? Back up now.
Contact Call Back Calculators Our Fees