Hague Convention on Testamentary Dispositions (i.e. Wills):
- If both countries have signed up/ratified the Convention - UK Will is acceptable in other country and other country's Will acceptable in UK
IF NOT HAGUE CONVENTION COUNTRY:
- Make Wills in both UK and the other country
- Wills should not conflict
- Wills should mention the other Will
- Wills should specify that UK Will deals with UK assets and Foreign Will deals with overseas assets
Can sign and witness a UK Will anywhere in the World but we suggest it is better to sign when in UK or if not then get it signed and witnessed at UK the Embassy or Consulate where you are based (there will likely be a fee).