Social Security Overseas

Published / Last Updated on 06/12/2013

When you are working in the UK you pay your national insurance contributions and they contribute for your credit for a state pension. When you move overseas you are no longer making these contributions.You are now paying into the social security of the country you are living in. For some countries if you are paying into their social security your state pension in the UK may be frozen.As far the EU goes you are fine, there are the necessary agreements in place for this.

Related Videos

Videos Channels

Explore our Site

Money MOT
T and C