Giving Proof of Identity

Published / Last Updated on 26/02/2014

All financial advisers have a duty to verify who they are dealing with i.e. you will need to prove your identity.

You would normally be asked to provide:

  • 2 proofs of name e.g. passport, driving licence, other official government document
  • 2 proofs of address e.g. utility bill, bank statement, council tax bill

If commercial/business you may be asked to provide:

  • Account statements
  • Proof of business
  • Certificate of incorporation
  • Proof from HMRC

Related Videos

Videos Channels

Explore our Site

Money MOT
T and C