Capped Drawdown Convert to Flexible Drawdown

Published / Last Updated on 06/09/2017

If you have older style 'capped' drawdown pensions e.g. you released the lump sum only before April 2015.  If you want to withdraw further sums, you may be 'capped' under the old rules and may need to convert to a newer style 'flexible' drawdown pension.

Some pension companies may allow this automatically, others may not even offer it, others may treat as a new scheme and transfer internally (with or without advice).

You may also have to transfer to a new pension company to access flexible drawdown, or indeed secure better terms.

Related Videos

Videos Channels

Explore our Site

Money MOT
T and C