Equity Release Council ERC
Published / Last Updated on 17/05/2021
The Equity Release Council.
Formerly known as Safe Home Income Plans (SHIP)
What is the Equity Release Council?
Started in the May 2012 and replaced SHIP (Safe Home Income Plans set up 1991), the Equity Release Council, ERC for short, was set up to replace SHIP and represents the leading providers of Equity Release plans.
ERC members have agreed to a code of practice and guarantees to protect its clients.
- Clear and transparent documents
- Clear and transparent charges
- A no negative equity guarantee
- A permanent right of occupation whilst you are living there, which means you cannot be asked to leave your home.
- Your solicitor will sign an ERC certificate confirming the equity release scheme, and it's advantages and dis-advantages have been explained to you.
- Contact Call Back Calculators