The tax free childcare scheme starts on 28th April and you can pre-register from 22/03/2017.
How Tax-Free Childcare works
- Parents apply online for Childcare account (you can pre-register now) https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
- Registered childcare providers, nannies, nurseries, school clubs also need to register
- 20% tax relief on childcare for every £8 you put in, the government will add £2
- Parents, family and friends can pay in. The relief is added to the account automatically.
- Maximum £2000 per child per year up to age 11
- Maximum £4000 per disabled child per year up to age 17
- Parents then pay for childcare by sending funds from their childcare account to the childcare provider’s account.
- You must be working and earn over £120 per week but below £100,000pa.