Savings Income Savings Investment Income
Published / Last Updated on 03/07/2019
Savings and Investment Income
Savings and Investment income is taxable.
To help you, we have categorised the different types of income tax rules and rates as follows:
- Normal Income Tax - use for all your normal earned and pension income and property income
- Shares Income Tax
- Savings Income Tax
- Life Insurance Income Tax
Different investment income sources are taxed using relevant rules:
- Bank and Building Society Interest - use Savings Tax rules
- Shares Dividends - use Shares Tax rules
- Unit trusts, Investment Trusts and OEICS income - use Shares Tax rules
- Gilt and Corporate Bond Income - use Savings Tax rules
- Purchased life Annuity Payments - use Annuity Tax rules
- Life Insurance Income - use Life Insurance rules
No deductions are allowable against savings and investment income.
For more advice Speak to an adviser or book a callback.